Jun 4, 2009

Reaching Out and Touch Someone

Photo by irathemacdad
I'm telling you folks, you can't let spiders get access to your phones, not unless you have unlimited minutes and some sort of beefy data plan.

With those eight limbs they are avid texters. With their huge broods, they have lots of family to keep in touch with. And really, do you want to go scrolling through your downloads after a he-spider has been on it, only to find risque photos of black widows?

UPDATE: Jaden, our resident tarantula expert, is pretty sure this is an Aphonopelma hentzi, which is Latin for 'he who texts with impunity,' aka Oklahoma brown tarantula.

8 comments:

Vanessa said...

Brilliant post! Gorgeous tarantula too, but has a little bit of a shrivelled looking abdomen.

Northwest Minuteman said...

Interesting blog! Another one you might enjoy:

www.freedoms-fight.blogspot.com

jenjen said...

It's just checking out your mobile web.

Raging Wombat said...

You flatter me, jenjen. But I'm afraid most spiders wouldn't condescend to read this blog. And the thought of them reading it, it's almost like their hovering over my shoulder. Kinda freaky. I'm gonna go look at puppies and bunnies now.

Jaden Walker said...

Adorable post. I need to teach some of mine to text one day :)

In case anyone was curious, I'm fairly sure that tarantula is an Aphonopelma hentzi.

jenjen said...

Mobile WEB, see, it's a joke, with the spider, web, ha-ha, oh god.

Tracy from Oz said...

If that were my phone, I'd burn it!!!!

The Inn and Spa at Cedar Falls said...

OMG! That is a great perspective on the size of this species. I might be tempted to smash the flip phone closed, except that I would never get that close. It gives me the willies!!