Jun 27, 2009

Aquatic Azrael

In seeing this matamata turtle's nose, I was reminded of one of my favorite cartoons as a boy: the Snorks. It was an underwater knock-off of the Smurfs. I don't recall if there was an Azrael and Gargamel villain team in the Snorks, but the matamata would have been a good aquatic Azrael. That is, if matamatas were saltwater ambush predators, and not freshwater. But then, we are dealing with aquatic smurfs, so we can suspend reality to a certain degree, can't we?

Photo by Joachim Muller

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That look says "Relax, we'll get there soon". So cute!

Unknown said...

Laid back and care free!! That's what this expression says to me!

Anonymous said...

i think that's the first time i've seen a turtle with 'lips'. (;

-sfish

linty said...

I only just realized now that the snorks were just a knockoff...way to retroactively ruin my childhood.

Raging Wombat said...

Linty, it's what I do. Ugly comes in many forms, one of which is the destruction of precious childhood memories.

Joachim S. Müller said...

Sorry, but pictures under a non-commerical CC-License are not wallowed to be used on pages with ads (Google Ads).