Jun 25, 2009

Highland Tongue

Given this cow's red bangs, I assume that it can be none other than a kyloe, Scottish highland cattle. They're nice and shaggy so they can withstand the winds and rain that beset the highlands. That shaggy coat also results in leaner meat than most other beef cattle, who rely on subcutaneous fat for warmth. Mmm, subcutaneous fat. Time for another visit to Outback Steakhouse.

When I first saw this photo I was suitably disgusted by it having jammed its tongue up its nose. But then, in an attempt to be honest to myself, I realized that if I could jam my tongue up my nose, I would. I would do it a lot too. Much to the dismay of my wife, but to the delight of my children.

Photo by Christine

7 comments:

Sunshine said...

I love these cows! The disturbing thing is, I can do that too.

Raging Wombat said...

Sunshine, I need to see a picture of you with your tongue in your nose! Please. I won't share it if you don't want me to. But still, I've got to see it!

Anonymous said...

This is normal cow behavior. Dairy cows do it regularly. Im more disturbed by the beads of fluid that I imagine to be sweat or mucous of some sort on it nose.

Anonymous said...

It actually looks like a very big wad of fresh bubble gum, that's all the excuse in the world he needs!

Unknown said...

Just imagine the amount of money he is saving on tissues!!

April Lorier said...

Oh, on behalf of your wife, I'm begging you... please don't jam your tongue up your nose! What if it got stuck?

Anonymous said...

www.hadisdefteri.com