Jun 15, 2009

Go Go Gadget Tongue

This fellow was photographed by Jorgen Vikstrom while at the Krasnoyarsk Zoo.

Did anyone out there know that brown bears (at least in Russia) had tongues this long? If so, why didn't you warn us?

I'm not sure which would be worse: staring into the gaping jaws of a bear in his wrath, or having a bear stalk up to me and slowly unfurl its tongue, inch by slimy inch, until it was long enough to strangle me with.

At least it comes in handy for reclaiming wayward biscuits.

Thanks for the photo, Edvard.

9 comments:

Zanna said...

Holy crap! LOL! I needed that laugh after tearing up over the wretched teacup kitty in the last post...

Cindy said...

Dayam!
You sure that thing wasn't photoshopped?

Pirrakas said...

Mmmmm! It's a little bit suspicious. I think it may be photoshopped... Don't you think the shadow of the bar is too wide?

Anonymous said...

Maybe they are like dogs, the hotter it gets, the longer the tongue!

W. A. Whipple said...

Shadows on the ground match the ones on the tongue, the photographer IDs himself as a journalist - I think this is for real :)

Denita TwoDragons said...

It's the freaky love-child of Smokey the Bear and Gene Simmons! o_0

--TwoDragons

Rocket said...

I'm thinking that it's a sloth bear, which are RENOWNED for having freakishly long tongues.

Unknown said...

I love it!!! He is smart enough to put it to good use.

Anonymous said...

It is rather interesting for me to read this blog. Thanx for it. I like such themes and everything that is connected to them. I definitely want to read a bit more on that blog soon.
Alex
Phone jammer