Nov 9, 2009

Simply Warthogs

This scene played out in Parc National de la Pendjari, Benin. The big warthog chased around the little one for quite some time.

My first thought was that the big guy's a real jerk. Pick on someone your own size, right? But then, being a big brother, I have many memories of chasing down my young siblings because they egged me on. There's a decent chance that the little guy has it coming.

Bully? Comeuppance? In the end, they're simply warthogs.

Photo source: Jonas Van de Voorde

5 comments:

W. A. Whipple said...

I hate spammers. WAY uglier than warthogs. Maybe the big one is mama, and junior there won't take his (mud) bath.

Ashley Ashbee said...

Those wart hogs ARE NOT ugly!!!! They're adorable. And mud baths aren't gross. Apparently they're very good for the skin as long as you get all the mud off.

seo services said...

when i first saw this pic. reminds me of Pumba from the lion king.
hakuna matata..

Seba said...

Nice foto

Anonymous said...

I enjoy your blog very much. I hope that my blog can spread the word of something of "importance" as yours does one day.

PS. I love Warthogs and they are too cute for Ugly Overload. (: