Feb 9, 2009

Orangutan Teeth

It's been a while since my last orangutan post. The problem is that most photos you find are of fairly placid individuals, or of adorable little ones (twins, or in diapers--too much, with the tufts of hair, and liquid eyes...anyways).

But here we have a dominant male in his wrath. That's a mug that commands respect. Once again, I appreciate the flashing of teeth and the pee-my-pants vocalizations that so often precede attacks from mammals. They give me a chance to run away and cower another day.


Photo via Knuttz

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy crap, that's a wide head!

Anonymous said...

The primate version of Stewie Griffin.

Nervavels said...

no lie, this reminded me of my exhusband... which is why he's my ex.

W. A. Whipple said...

Hee! This reminded me of an orang I saw in NOLA's Audubon Zoo. There was an elderly male with very long hair and a rather nasty disposition. He liked to throw poop at anyone who got close enough.

Anonymous said...

why darwin, why?!!

Anonymous said...

it's bloody ugly!
that is the ugliest orang-utan i have ever seen a photo of.
it looks like stewie from family guy!