Feb 22, 2009

Mystery Mammal

Anyone know what this is? I don't want even to hazard a guess, because enough of you are biologists, and you'll mock me for my under-informed opinion. Or, one of you has owned one for a pet, and you'll be offended that a plebe like me doesn't know what it is, and your inner advocate/crusader will take charge, and--

--can you tell I feel persecuted today? The CPAs are after my company's year-end financials, and I'm feeling hunted, as any lowly accounting staffer feels at such times...

(I'm guessing something inclined toward lemurness...but don't tell the biologists--they can be so cranky)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some kind of bushbaby!

Anonymous said...

i thought it was an ayeaye but then I noticed it didn't have the extended finger, looks like some kinda weird hybrid to me

Otter Mom said...

It's a bushbaby. Check out google image page, there are quite a few pictures that have the same features as this animal.

Anonymous said...

Whatever it is, don't feed it after midnight.

Unknown said...

Could be a Silvery Greater Galago (Otolemur monteiri)?

DLove said...

Me after my last night out.

Anonymous said...

Looks like it's had a little to much fun the previous night. Or possibly not a morning mammal. Yeah, based on that expression alone, it's GOTTA be nocturnal.

Anonymous said...

Isn't this an Aye-Aye?

Anonymous said...

It looked drunk.....just saying.

Anonymous said...

Oh, wow. Stoned much? Haha.

Anonymous said...

Definitely a bushie! zomg adorable.