Mar 3, 2006

Identity Crisis

The tapir looks like a creation of Dr. Moreau. This sleepy specimen looks like some cross between an elephant, an anteater, a mountain lion (look at that tawny coat), a pig, and might even have some koala in it. I can't quite peg the ears. This creature's ugliness doesn't have a cringe factor; it just gives you that double-take, 'I don't know what to make of it' feeling.

Their alien looks makes me wonder why this animal hasn't been made the lead character on a Saturday morning cartoon.

Thanks for the great photography, Zombie Squirrel. Check out his other work here.

7 comments:

zombie squirrels said...

Nicely done - the tapir would be a perfect cartoon character. Thanks for the mention.

Raging Wombat said...

Thanks for the photo!

Anonymous said...

It reminds me of Trumpy. A cookie to who gets the reference.

Anonymous said...

I want a cookie!!!!

He died like he lived, with his mouth open.

Anonymous said...

TAPIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We're great tapir fans. They've got ugly skulls, too!

Raging Wombat said...

Ugly skills? I have yet to see one.

Unknown said...

Those are hippo ears, I'm thinking. A little larger than, but same shape.