Dec 27, 2008

Respecting Our Elders

Seems like the elders get the respect in baboon society. This old man is the king of the lot at his zoo. His harem has the most ladies and offspring. The terms 'crusty,' 'curmudgeonly,' 'cranky,' and 'hoary' must be prominent desirable traits found in baboon personal ads and dating sites.

I hope to get even a fraction of respect this monkey gets when I reach his equivalent in human years. I may have to learn how to bite harder and throw my feces with more accuracy, but hey, a Jedi's gotta do what a Jedi's gotta do.

Photo source: Patricia van Casteren

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Hey you kids, get off my lawn!"

Alison said...

Looks like Gramps forgot to put in his teeth again. If we zoom out, can we see Gramma rolling her eyes in the background?

Raging Wombat said...

That, and the grandkids lolling about in a haze from being bombarded by grandpa's old-timey stories.

Anonymous said...

He did slip each of the grandkids five bucks and told them not to tell their mother, though.

Anonymous said...

Darn it, Anonymous #1...I fully intended to add that comment here!

Happy New Year to Raging Wombat and all Aficiandos of Things Ugly!