Jun 22, 2007

Jabba the Seal

This pinniped, strictly speaking, isn't terribly ugly, though it does have a bit of the Jabba the Seal thing going on.

But I challenge you with this: if you didn't know it was a seal, and you were a newby to the frozen tundra, what would you think of this creature peering out at you from the blue depths, with its coal-black eyes and the hint of massive bulk lying beneath the surface of the water? I guarantee that you'd be running for your life, with your gortex pants filling up with bowel excreta. That's ugly.


Thanks for the link, Rasmus.

Photo source: Grrl Scientist

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree, there'd be no re-wearing my gortex pants.... This guy has some serious nostrilage going on here

Anonymous said...

Between the nostrils and the ear holes, he looks like a bowling ball with whiskers. I think he's pretty scary, but then I had a nightmare once about being attacked by seals in a swimming pool (Paging Dr. Freud...).

amandacheryl said...

I haven't had my daily dose of uglies in a while...

Anonymous said...

He looks like an ugly, angry bouy. The glare of a seal is not to be taken lightly.

~Kit

Arachnophile said...

Jabba-Seal is WATCHING YOU!