Jun 21, 2007

The Debate Is Over

I've heard it asked in mysterious tones, 'have you ever seen a baby pigeon?' The implication being that maybe, just maybe they don't exist. I dismissed this out of hand. After all, I've never seen a baby eskimo, but I assume they procreate much like other humans.

And, wouldn't you know it, I've been right all along. The picture below settles this debate once and for all. You've all now seen a baby (or juvenile, at least) pigeon, and it turns out that they are freaky. That probably explains why their parents keep them out of sight.

Photo source: Hinderik

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Extremely ugly! Truly worthy of this website!

Anonymous said...

that's because nobody asked me. they actually get pretty close to full grown before they're even close to being full fledged...

wait for it....

Burgundee said...

That kind of made me sick to my stomach a little.

It's a better wake up than coffee this morning!

Anonymous said...

At least it grows into its nose...beak...whatever...

Anonymous said...

Ha-chachachacha! /Jimmy Durante

--TwoDragons

bonnie-ann black said...

my parents once found a baby pigeon, fallen from its nest. much younger than this one. i never saw anything so horrific. but they fed it with a mixture of babyfood, milk and sugar through an eyedropper and it turned out, eventually, to be a gorgeous bird and very very smart and friendly.

Anonymous said...

I guess we all improve with age.

Arachnophile said...

My brain is having trouble processing this because of my deeply held belief that ALL baby animals are CUTE!

So, this lil' one MUST be cute. Erm... *head-SPLODE*

Mind you, pandas take a pretty long time to turn into the cute little fuzz-balls we all love...

Amber said...

i can probably get a pic of a baby eskimo

Anonymous said...

I raise pigeons and this one is already to far to the cute side for me. But I guess their nest habits do match their ugliness, the mated pair will make a nest of straw held together by excrement.