Jun 10, 2007

It's Kinda Hard to Be a Fly

I've always thought that flies have it easy. They buzz around at their own will and pleasure, with food to be found in abundance anywhere they turn. Assuming you can steer clear of frog tongues, fly paper, and fly swatters, you're set.

But then I come across these photos and realize that their lives are not so different from ours.

How many times have you woken up only to find your body teeming with parasites?


Photo courtesy: Lord V
















Or how often have you been captured on film with massive globules of water hanging off your compound eyes. Its amazing how much we have in common with our insectoid friends.

Photo source: Knuttz

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, the bottom fly actually looks kind of cute.

Anonymous said...

Aghgh! One of my worst phobias is parasites! This fly pic is going to give me nightmares for a month!

--TwoDragons

Arachnophile said...

*shudders*

I feel itchy after that first pictures. Mites SUCK, heh, get it, SUCK....

I need to get out more. ;)

Raging Wombat said...

That was my intent, Denita. Your welcome.