Apr 25, 2007

Stop Looking at Me

Both Aaron and Sandy sent me this link. It would seem that synchronicity exists even in the deep sea...

There are a bunch of spectacular photos of creatures that have never been seen on this blog, but I couldn't pass by this anglerfish. I love that it is labeled as 'unidentified'. That makes me feel better about my own lack of knowledge. This photo also makes me feel better about living on dry land.

I understand the snaggleteeth and the lure, but, really, does that eye need to be staring at me?

Photo source: Edith Widder via ReaDigg

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats freaky!

Anonymous said...

Give it some wild hair and a ratty purple dress, and you have Aughra!

--TwoDragons

Raging Wombat said...

Augra! Nice!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is really disturbing looking...definitely enough to make me have nightmares if I saw it in real life...*shiver*