Apr 1, 2007

Fond Memories

Paul sent in this photo of a crawdad (crayfish to you hoity-toity types), and it brought back many fond childhood memories. I can't count the number of summer days I spent in the creek by my house, catching these, getting pinched by them, and then setting them loose again.

This photo, sickeningly enough, also made me salivate. I've eaten my share of them, and they are tasty - provided you catch them from clean enough water.

BTW, if you ever get the urge to scuba dive in the American River in Sacramento, like I have, don't bother. You'll be greeted by nothing more than aluminum cans and rank upon rank of crawdads. But then, if you're planning a Cajun meal...

Thanks for the photo, Paul.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

In Louisiana we call them Crawfish need about 80lbs to make a good boil along with taters whole onions sausage lemons and corn. Then Invite about 6 or more friends

Raging Wombat said...

That sounds really, really good.