Apr 15, 2007

Prepare to be Bunked

I don't post on diseased animals unless it serves a purpose. And the purpose of this post is to do some bunking. That's right. I've debunked in the past, so here I am, bunking.

You all know about the antlered jackalope. But the truth is that they really do exist, at least in the form of diseased bunnies. These critters, see below or click this link, suffer from a viral infection similar to warts. The virus causes them to grow keratin horns all over their body, not simply on their head.

Photo source: Lafayette.edu





















Oh, and this will ruin you for the day: people can grow them, too. Just check out this link and scroll to the bottom. You'll tremble.

Thanks for the links, Pamela. You have made me paranoid about every little bump and blemish on my skin. Thank you so much.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I'm gonna puke (yeah, I read the link...).

Anonymous said...

Why are rabbits so horny all the time?

Anonymous said...

Bunny with horns on his head: kinda cute.

Bunny with a beard of horns: really sad.

There are commercials all over TV about how you women should be tested for HPV because it can cause cervical cancer. This is the first I've heard that it can also cause scary, horny hands.

~ Jen

Anonymous said...

OMG... Yet another reminder that humans are just animals, like any other animal. Except we have the unfortunate ability to reason.

Kittykat said...

That is the freakiest pic of that person's hands on your link....it's giving me the heebie jeebies!! My ratty fingernails don't look so bad after all.

Anonymous said...

i am immediately going to the doctor to have every single wart, mole or freckle on my skin removed; after which i shall hide in a dark cave.

Raging Wombat said...

b. lynch, I'm afraid that is our only recourse.

Arachnophile said...

It makes me want to take a screaming hot, 3 hour shower in bleach and I HATE bleach. *shudder*

Interesting factiod about the horns and the link with the Jackalope though.