Mar 1, 2010

Wha...what?

What in the world is this? It can't be a living thing. It's all got to be fabricated. Is it a toupee endowed with the breath of life? Is it something I need to check under my covers for every night? Are my children safe?


Reveal the hoax to me, people. I must know. Please.

Thanks, James. For nothing.

UPDATE: Anonymous and Neil have identified this as a sea mouse. They are marine worms that inhabit moderately deep waters. This worm has no doubt lost its breath of life. And, what's better, I have nothing to fear, so long as my personal nightmare of sinking to the bottom of the ocean in a leaky submarine doesn't come true.





10 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks like a sea mouse to me, but I don't think they can live outside the water. so perhaps it is something similar? I am so curious!

Neil said...

Sea Mouse (Aphrodita)! Pretty big one too. How it got that genus name is an, um, interesting story.

Raging Wombat said...

Wow, anonymous and Neil. You're amazing. That looks exactly right.

Unknown said...

I love it when you post completely new and previously unheard of beasts Wombat. I thought it was one of them nasty prickly caterpillars on steriods...

Raging Wombat said...

I aim to please, Jelo. I like it when I do that too. Especially when I didn't mean to.

Anonymous said...

Seagina

Vern said...

Anonymous, I was thinking that too, I just didn't type it in!

Hellphyre said...

clearly not a sea 'mouse' but a sea toupee!

ChicChickory said...

Looks like what I pull out of my tub drain every now and then...YUCK!

Anonymous said...

MWAHAaaa... I don't know if you will see this so far into page two but I'm hoping to send you an amusing link about how... a certain gaming community reacted to that second last picture. ;-p VERY funny!

Missing the UglyOverload gang,

Arachnophile :D