Jan 30, 2009

Alone

Wolf fish are known to be inquisitive, even friendly fish. But this one's giving off the same vibe I give when I've just woken up, my wife's opened the blinds, and I really, really need just a little bit more sleep. Or, it could be the same look my dog used to give when he knew he had just been naughty.

Either way, I think he wants to be left alone. Alone with his favorite little plume of invertebrate marine life. So cute, just like my daughter with her favorite blankies...

Photo source: Alexander Semenov

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love wolf fish and it's all b/c of this website introducing them in to my life :D

Sabina E. said...

he looks sad :(

Anonymous said...

You can't be friends with an anemone. It's too close to being anenemy.

Raging Wombat said...

With fronds like these, who needs anemones?

Raging Wombat said...

I'm glad I could introduce the two of you, Lisa.

Anonymous said...

He's like, "Little girl in a red diving suit? Nope, never saw her."

Allie said...

Although I doubt many would be attached to a wolf fish, I grew rather attached to the one we had at the Florida Aquarium.

Ours had not eaten in months, which my boss and I learned is quite common in the species. Our wolf fish, however, had extended his fast longer than the norm, and we tried everything under the sun to entice him to eat.

One of my best memories as an intern was the day that I finally got our wolfie to chow down!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I love Wolf Fish! The first time I saw one was on a Norwegian stamp. So cute/ugly. I'm jealous of Allie. Congrats on getting your wolfe fish to eat. : ) What do they eat anyway?

Sherry SofN

Raging Wombat said...

Very cool, Allie. I'm jealous too.

Anonymous said...

This is like the Eyore of the fish world. "Oh. My tail fell off again? Oh well, it was going to do that anyway" ::raincloud:: Man, give that fish some prozak.