Nov 11, 2007

Puppy-eyed

Wow, this has turned into quite the spidery weekend.

Jade took this macro of a jumping spider. I never thought to see it, but this spider somehow pulls off a good puppy-eyed look. Even his pedipalps are tucked in and angled in an endearing, pleading sort of way. The white fuzziness only adds to the effect.

If this spidey were begging at my feet while I ate at the dinner table, I'd be inclined to toss him a few scraps. Of course, that would assume that I'm dining on ants and flies.


Thanks, Jade. And yes, spider, you may have a cookie.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Let me fix that caption for you:

I CAN HAS COOKIE PLS?

fmsaziri said...

I think he wants something crunchy...and it's not a cookie.

Unknown said...

I CAUGT U A FLY

BUT I EATED IT

Nebulous Grey said...

lmao at Theodosia...

Awww. I almost want to pet him.

Almost.

Jack Ruttan said...

Can it be devourings tiem pleez?

Arachnophile said...

I think we should start a whole new interweb phenomenon LOLSPIDERS. ;)

That is a really, REALLY cute spider. I'm going to get a tatoo of jumping spider some day.

Jade said...

I didn't take the picture, but I did caption it. It was done long before lolcats took off. If I did it today, it would have been, "I can has cookie pleez?"

I've got one somewhere on my hard drive of why lolspiders never caught on. Does anyone want to host it? Email me and I'll send it over.

Anonymous said...

I have always liked spiders, especially jumping spiders. They just don't give me the "ick" like centipedes do, for example. This one is actually adorable. I have always been the "go to" girl for humanely getting spiders out of the house. "There's a spider! Have Kelly get it!"

Anonymous said...

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

Kendall said...

Awwww, he is SO adorable... And totally cheered me up on an otherwise rough night. *offers fly cookie to ickle spidey*

Anonymous said...

Aw. So cute. I always pick them up and put them outside! :)

Anonymous said...

And note the little hairs behind its shiny black eyes! They look like eyelashes! This is the Shirley Temple of spiders.