Nov 29, 2007

Blondi Model

Igor Siwanowicz sent me some more beauties. You tarantula lovers (you know who you are!) are gonna squeal.

Igor assuaged my arachnophpobia-induced reaction to the fangs by letting me know that they are harmless (except to juicy crickets...). But he did caution me about the awful little hairs this Blondi spider was tossing at him from its rear end throughout the photo shoot. Now, I've heard that models can be irritating, but that's ridiculous...

Thanks a million for the spider shots, Igor. I bow to your supremacy in all things photographic.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I'm not a big fan of giant 8 legged creatures (actually any 8 legged creatures), but those pictures are amazing. Just got a new wallpaper.

Jade said...

One of my favorite species of all time. Great photos!! :)

Kyle and Svet Keeton said...

That is cool. Great site.

Kyle

Anonymous said...

Beautiful shots!

Arachnophile said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Arachnophile said...

Heh, one of my best friends was bitten by her ill-tempered blondi once. It's painful but, yeah, no biggy.

As always those are supremem shots. I'm in awe. Look a those hairs! You know this one isn't really angry because those fangs are all tucked back. SO BEAUTIFUL!

Anonymous said...

Blondi model...the Cherry 2000 of spiders?

Jack Ruttan said...

...And now he only eats guitars!

Raging Wombat said...

Well thankee kindly, Kyle!