Oct 19, 2006

Don't Be Shy

Don't be shy, my readers. I read much of what you have to say about this blog, and I appreciate the comments. But don't make me steal images from you. Send them to me. Some of my best photos are reader-submitted.

Here are two gems I ripped from the i-am-bored.com thread on this blog. Y'all have some good stuff and it is your duty to share with the world. I also want to thank all of you who have sent in your photos, or forwarded me links to caches of ugliness on the web. Your participation makes the effort I put into this worthwhile.

BTW, does anyone have a clue what these two fish are? They make me want to become a vegetarian. Or an orthodontist.




7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The top one is a wolffish (Anarhichas sp.) and the other one is a mudskipper (fam. Gobiidae).

Raging Wombat said...

Ramsus, you might be the coolest person on the planet. Thanks for the ID.

Anonymous said...

its MUDDY THE MUD SKIPPER~

Anonymous said...

Stop that, you're making me blush!

(Fish are my favorite animals, I'm not so good at recognizing other sorts, and don't even mention plants...)

Raging Wombat said...

Muddy the Mud Skipper might become a return visitor on this site.

Anonymous said...

Wolf Eel, it was the logo for the Anacortes Dive shop in Wa. state. Almost as ugly as a Ling Cod http://www.hoodsportndive.com/images/Ling%20cod%20w%20eggs-retouched.JPG and just as freaking scarey to come across during a dive

Raging Wombat said...

Thanks for the link! That's a devoted, if ugly, mother.