May 23, 2009

So Many Roles

Turtle pancake.

The curious child in me wants to take a spatula (or snow shovel) to it. The eater in me wants to drizzle some syrup on it and see what it tastes like. The couch potato in me wants to see a documentary of one, showing how this ambush predator lies in wait in the river bed and gobbles up small fish and crustaceans. The conservationist in me wants to preserve what's left of the wild populations in Vietnam.

So many roles.

Today I'll choose the blogger in me, who wants to deliver the Asian giant softshell turtle (Pelochelys bibroni) to your computer monitor for your enjoyment.

Enjoy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Uncle Buck in me wants to flip it over with a snow shovel.

Anonymous said...

It looks like it's been run over!

Unknown said...

I just want to touch it! It looks so docile and unassuming. I love it.