Feb 9, 2008

Zelda and the Thunder Storm

Everyone say hello to Zelda and to her proud owner, Susan.

Zelda, a Chinese Crested (same breed as the infamous Sam), was photographed while freaking out during a thunder storm. Don't feel bad, Zelda, I've been caught with my tongue lolling out and my hair standing on end in the midst of a thunder storm too.

The history of this breed lies in myth and a murky, hairless haze. Suffice it to say that they are an ancient breed of Chinese and/or African stock. European sailors in the 1700s commented on the presence of these dogs in Chinese ports and on Chinese sailing vessels. If only they had been equiped with digital cameras and an email account (and immunities against malaria, syphilis, and small pox, GPS devices, labor unions...).

Thanks for the photo, Susan.

2 comments:

Christina Acker said...

I can't see myself ever loving this animal.
Really... it's like a zombie dog...

Nonexistant Black Feather said...

I think this is probably the cutest pic of a chinese crested I've ever seen.