Jan 1, 2008

Poor Thing

This poor thing can never show her face in the sewers again. Hairless. In human captivity. Collared with a radar dish. She can't get no respect.

I don't see the stitches or the wound that the dish is keeping the rat's chompers from, but I can only assume it was human-induced (hopefully for its own good).

This brings back memories of my sister's rat back when we were kids. When the thing grew a tumor she took it to the vet and had it removed (the rat came home in a radar dish). I brought it (the tumor) in to show-and-tell the next day, floating in a vial of water. I was the talk of the classroom for a good day or two. That is my one claim to fame.

Photo source: LinkInn.com

5 comments:

Unknown said...

An excised tumor? Wow, talk about the ultimate show-and-tell topic...

Anonymous said...

You forgot the hairless label.

Arachnophile said...

Alas, rattie-pets have a lot of trouble with tumors, espescially mammary tumors in the females. It's just one of the many things that sadly shorten the lives of rat-pets. :(

Good for this owner for actually getting vet-help for their friend, even if I do think that most hairless varieties are an evolutionary abomination. ;0

Anonymous said...

Aww...she looks like my poor passed-on rattie. *sniff* I miss Fluffy. :(

Anonymous said...

"When I said shave before surgery i didn't mean the entire rat"