May 22, 2007

Feathers and Hair























Phlimm sent me a couple of beauties. This first one comes from the good peeps over at Zooillogix. Check out neocrinus decorus - better known as the sea lily or feather star. "See feather star crawl. See feather star come for your soul. Crawl feather star, crawl." That's the latest in a children's book series I am working on.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicPhotos from Zooillogix.








This last one is known as a hairy crab or the teddy-bear crab. Not only is this crab 'hairy', but it's also poisonous. Wow, talk about a crustacean that's got nothing to offer (not even teddy-bear hugs!), unless you are in the market for surliness.

Photo source: Labrador Park

7 comments:

Jade said...

That feather star is AWESOME!! I want one, now :D

Sweet Potato said...

looks like a feather-duster in beetlejuice. maybe a shuttlecock.

Raging Wombat said...

Ooh, haunted feather-duster!

nosta said...

That first one looks exactly like the electric fan I use in my bedroom.

Jack Ruttan said...

Crusty crab. I doubt if he improves when you wash him.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that feather thing is pretty awesome. What sort of creatur is it....... defintiley wasn't expecting it to move like that o_O

Arachnophile said...

OMG! I've studies feather stars in books but I've NEVER seen video of one moving like that. That is freaky-COOL. ;)

That crab is one hirsute little fella.