Jan 15, 2008

Exterior Decorator

Theodosia sent along this little crustacean. Behold the hard-to-behold decorator crab. I've encountered their ilk while scuba diving in Monterey Bay. They are really, really hard to spot (but I am incredibly observant).

I think of all the crustaceans, I am most like the decorator crab (sheesh, this blog has me doing some weird introspection). I would love to sneak around the office unnoticed, a monitor strapped to my back, 20lbs / 88 brightness paper and fax confirmations glued to my limbs, my head concealed by expired printer cartridges, paperclips, and highlighters.

But if that wish came true, there would probably be some office equivalent of the angler fish, camouflaged to look like a vending machine and dangling a pastry-shaped lure in its maw.

Photo source: Scuba Equipment USA

2 comments:

morgan said...

There is a reason this is always the first blog I check.

Raging Wombat said...

That's very kind of you, Morgan!