Aug 22, 2006

Bird Eater

Here is another bird eater tarantula. I have never visited the Amazon, and I think that, thanks to these, I won't. Ever. My arachnophobia is terrifying in its force if even a daddy-long-legs climbs on me. My heart would cease in its beating if I felt the weight of one of these monsters climbing up my pant leg.

Update: Brigette has corrected my perpetuation of this case of mistaken identity. This isn't a bird eater; it's a common pink toe tarantula. Thanks for the correction!

Photo from: www.flower-horn.de

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Speaking of spiders... here's an assassin spider: http://dsc.discovery.com/news/briefs/20060213/assassinspider_ani_zoom0.html

Raging Wombat said...

Those suckers are freaky. Spiders eating spiders. Nice.

Anonymous said...

That is one huge fuckin spider!!!!